Monday, February 11, 2008

Brown Rice Medley from Trader Joe's


If you live in an area of the country without a Trader Joe's, well, I am truly sorry for you are missing out on a true culinary convenience. One of my lastest finds is Brown Rice Medley that includes parboiled brown rice, black barley and daikon radish seeds. It looks beautiful on the plate and tastes great! What an easy and delicious way to serve whole grains. Follow the instructions on the package using chicken broth instead of water and add 1/2 tsp of salt. When simmering, simmer it at pretty good heat or it will take longer than the 45 minutes listed on the package.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank goodness I found your blog post! I have a jar of this delicious stuff, but I didn't have any packaging (nor any way to get to a Trader Joe's) - I was worried that I would have to trial and error the amount of water, but now I won't have to since you so thoughtfully put a picture of the packaging with the recipe up :)