Monday, May 19, 2008

Caprese Salad


This a quick, delicious addition to a meal especially in summer. I love it when I can serve this with tomaotes and basil from my vegetable patch.

Caprese Salad

2 large ripe tomaotes
1 container of fresh mozarella (comes as a ball floating in liquid NOT a shrink wrapped ball)
15 or so fresh basil leaves
olive oil
balsamic vinegar
salt
freshly ground pepper

1. Slice the tomatoes and mozerella into rounds.
2. Sprinkle the cheese with salt.
3. On a plate arrange tomato and mozzarella slices and basil leaves, alternating and overlapping to form a circle.
4. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.

2 comments:

leezee52 said...

Hi,
I have made a different version of this I am excited to try this one!

FriscoFour said...

Laura...this looks wonderful. Hopefully I can try this out one of these days. What I really hope is that one day I can grow tomatoes and basil in our yard. I'm so jealous! I enjoy checking out your recipes. Hope you guys are doing well! Tracy