Monday, May 19, 2008
This a quick, delicious addition to a meal especially in summer. I love it when I can serve this with tomaotes and basil from my vegetable patch.
2 large ripe tomaotes
1 container of fresh mozarella (comes as a ball floating in liquid NOT a shrink wrapped ball)
15 or so fresh basil leaves
freshly ground pepper
1. Slice the tomatoes and mozerella into rounds.
2. Sprinkle the cheese with salt.
3. On a plate arrange tomato and mozzarella slices and basil leaves, alternating and overlapping to form a circle.
4. Sprinkle with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.